- Orchard management
- On-orchard biosecurity plans
- Unusual symptoms
- Psa-V risk compass
- New growers
- Grower support
- Weather & Disease Portal
KVH welcomes new kiwifruit growers to the industry. The growers section of our website includes a wealth of information about managing the risk of unwanted pest and disease threats, and Psa management. Other key information is summarised below.
In May 2013 the NPMP came into effect to help reduce the spread of Psa-V and its impacts to the kiwifruit industry - click here for the summary document. A grower levy was established to fund the NPMP.
Under the NPMP there are some mandatory activities kiwifruit growers are required to carry out. These are:
- Have an annual Psa-V Orchard Management Plan in place for each KPIN
- Undertake mandatory monitoring at times of the year as specified annually by KVH
- Report any potential symptoms of Psa-V for the first time to KVH within 48 hours of identification
- Have a comprehensive protectant spray programme in place
- Ensure the majority of commercially-viable kiwifruit is harvested by 1 July each year
- Winter prune and tie down kiwifruit vines by 1 October each year
- Follow KVH protocols outlining movement controls for all risk items (budwood, nursery plants, pollen etc)
KVH-produced corflute biosecurity signage is available for orchard entry points free of charge.
These signs are to raise biosecurity awareness for people entering the orchard, and to help you set agreed expectations for best biosecurity practice.
Contact your pack-house, email KVH, or phone us on 0800 665 825 with a postal address and we will send signs to you.
Subscribe to the fortnightly KVH Bulletin to keep up-to-date with latest news and information about kiwifruit biosecurity risks, KVH activities, Psa management, research, and grower events.
You can also subscribe to the monthly KVH Snapshot for information from the calendar month that you can share with your teams, staff, and customers.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to email KVH or phone us at 0800 665 825.