Bees and pollen

There are protocols and requirements associated with bees and pollen.

All kiwifruit pollen operators (defined as "every person or entity collecting, milling, selling, distributing and/or artificially applying pollen") must register with KVH annually. This means all pollen mill operators (including growers who mill for their own use) and anyone who has sourced pollen from a mill for further distribution.

Pollen mill/provider registration pollen distributor registration

Growers must only source pollen from a registered supplier. The list is updated annually prior to the start of pollination season (October/November). For more information see the pollen audit checklist and KVH information about male pollinisers susceptibility to Psa-V.

Registered Pollen Providers