2023 AGM results
The KVH Annual General Meeting (AGM) was held Wednesday morning and we thank all those who were able to attend, and those who voted.
All Resolutions were passed at the AGM:
- That the minutes of the 2022 AGM be approved.
- That the Chairman and Chief Executive’s reports be approved.
- That the financial report for the 12 months ending 31 March 2023 be approved.
- Approval of the Biosecurity (Readiness and Response) and the Biosecurity (Kiwifruit National Pathway Management Plan) levy rates. For the year ending 31 March 2025 the Biosecurity (Readiness and Response) levy continues at the rate of eight tenths of a cent – 0.8c - per tray equivalent on all commercial varieties of kiwifruit except Actinidia arguta, exported to all markets other than Australia, and the Biosecurity (Kiwifruit National Pathway Management Plan) levy continues at the rate of six tenths of a cent - 0.6c - per tray.
- That the budget for 2024/25 be approved.
- That Directors fees remain unchanged.
- That BDO be appointed as the auditor for the 2023/24 financial year.
- That the KVHI Rules purpose section change to remove reference to the National Psa-V Pest Management Plan, align with KVHI's strategic direction, and include Emergency Response Management.
- That minor changes to the KVHI Rules be approved to align with current best practice.
There was one three-year grower member vacancy for the KVHI Board and one candidate standing for election. Therefore, Simon Cook has been duly elected.
As David Tanner has retired from the KVHI Board there is an additional vacancy for the remainder of his term, for a one-year period until the 2024 AGM. KVHI received nominations for two candidates, Sandy Scarrow and Liarna White, and election results confirm Liarna’s appointment as Grower Director.
If you have any questions about the AGM results please either contact KVH on 0800 665 825, email [email protected] or speak to a KVH Director.
All AGM documents, including Resolutions, financial statements and budget information are available to reference on the KVH website.