Queensland Fruit Fly Update 09.03.15
09 March 2015
- Over the weekend (7/8 March), MPI’s field laboratory detected Queensland fruit fly larvae in windfall fruit collected from two properties nearby to the original affected property.
- There are now a total of four properties in very close proximity that are receiving ground treatment for fruit fly. This includes targeted ground spraying and use of insecticide granules.
- No adult flies were detected over the weekend (7/8 March) and the total number of adult Queensland fruit flies captured in Auckland remains at 14.
- The situation remains that MPI is working to eradicate a localised population of fruit fly.
- A response end date to the operation cannot be confirmed, but it is expected to take several months.
- Click here to view MPI’s information on the website.